Services that we offer at Julie Cardona Speech and Hearing practice:
- Speech and language assessments
- Speech and language Therapy
- Central Auditory Processing Screening Assessments
- Central Auditory Processing management/therapy
- Neonatal hearing screening
- Paediatric/ Adult diagnostic hearing assessments
- School hearing screenings
- Diagnostic ABR testing
- Hearing aid evaluations and fittings
- Hearing Aid Accessories (batteries etc)
- Noise/ear protection
Only internationally recognised and supported hearing aids are stocked and supplied by the practice. All hearing aids supplied come with a minimum of a 2 year warranty.
Speech Therapy involves the diagnosis and management of a wide variety of disorders that may include;
- Speech disorders – (difficulty pronouncing sounds or words)
- Language disorders – (difficulty understanding what they hear and using words to convey a message)
- Cognitive-communication disorders – (difficulty with thinking skills which may include comprehension, memory, awareness and reasoning)
- Stuttering/fluency – (speech that may include prolongations and repetitions of sounds or words)
- Voice disorders – (a quality of voice that may include hoarseness, nasality, volume (too loud or soft)
- Swallowing disorders – (problems with sucking, chewing, or swallowing)
The ability to communicate with peers and adults in the classroom environment is essential for a learner to succeed in school, as learning takes places through the process of communication. Reading, writing, listening, and speaking are all forms of language.
Standardized tests and assessments are used to evaluate speech and language difficulties. These results then guide an individualised management plan for therapy sessions. Speech Therapists work closely with parents, teachers and other health professionals.